Cuddles

Cuddles

Cuddles Blog

Welcome to my blog. I am Cuddles the bear and I live in Room 6, Glenbervie School. Every week I get to go home with different Super Six kids and have fun and adventures with them. I hope you enjoy learning about the exciting things we do together.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cuddles at Maungatautari

On the way home from the Tongariro Crossing I stopped at the Maungatautari Ecological Reserve just outside of Te Awamutu. The top of the mountain was surrounded by 47km of pest proof fence. No rats, cats, dogs, mice, weasels, stouts or possums can get in. When you step through the special security gate you can hear the birds singing all around you. I heard Kakas screeching through the trees and saw them playing. I saw little native green parrots called Kakariki and tiny little birds called Hihi. Most exciting of all I got to see a pair of critically endangered Takehe. One even came up and said hello to me. Check out the website link just below my little picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment